Pacific Northwest Vineyard Resources
Research, Extension and Education Programs
Oregon State University and Washington State University provide a multitude of information through Extension and research programs in viticulture and enology. Visit their websites for more information on publications, presentations, events, and more.
- Oregon Wine Research Institute – This is the premiere research and outreach-based institute in Oregon and is home to the Viticulture and Enology Programs at Oregon State University.
- Washington State University Viticulture & Enology
Adult Education/Work force Training Programs in Viticulture & Enology – Pacific Northwest
- Wine Studies Program at the Northwest Wine Studies Center, Chemeketa Community College, includes vineyard management, winemaking, and wine business/marketing
- Southern Oregon Wine Institute at Umpqua Community College has a Viticulture & Enology Program
Northeastern Oregon/Southeastern Washington/Idaho
- Enology & Viticulture Program at Walla Walla Community College
- Viticulture Programs at Treasure Valley Community College
Beginning Grower Information
- eXtension – This online resource guide is packed with excellent information from Extension viticulturists across the US! See us on eXtension!
Vineyard Production Guides
- Pest Management Guide for Wine Grapes in Oregon
- Pest Management Guide for Grapes in Washington
- UC Integrated Viticulture Online
National Vineyard Resources
Sustainable Vineyard Programs
- Low Input Viticulture & Enology, Inc. (LIVE)
- Walla Walla Valley’s VINEA – The Winegrower’s Sustainable Trust
- Vinewise: Washington Guide to Sustainable Viticulture
US Grape Plant Materials: Cultivars, Clones and Rootstocks
- Clean Plant Network – This agency ensures that plants are available free of virus and other diseases for nursery propagation.
- National Grape Registry Database
- Germplasm Resources Information Network Database – USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program
Grape Plant Material: Cultivars, Clones and Rootstocks
- European Cooperative Programme for Plant Genetic Resources
- Institute for Grapevine Breeding Geilweilerhof, Siebeldingen, Germany